Monday, October 18, 2010

Retail (Additional Information)

Chanel is an specialty store, this year Chanel presented  their kids and men's collection in their Spring 2011 Fashion Show. On Sunday October 17,2010 ,I visited Two Chanel Stores , one in Sacks at Fifth Ave and the Flagship store which is located in 57th St And 5th ave, these two store were different even thought they are Chanel. I've been to the Sacks at Fifth ave many times but this time was different because I wasn't buying anything and when I got to the little Chanel store, there was only one Sales associate , I started looking for Bags and I couldn't find them, when I asked the lady to help me she ignored me , this shows that because I'm a young girl the sales associate didn't think I would buy it so she didn't want to help me. After that store I went to the Chanel Flagship store in 57th St, when I went in I saw the woman that helped me last time buying my bag and I told her that I was doing a report about the Chanel retail stores , she was happy to help me because she remembered me from last time, she said the following " The customer service in this store has to be great because many tourists , rich people and middle class come here , we have to assist them good and be their personal shoppers, we get paid to give a good service, people mostly buy bags, the clothing is so expensive to the middle class so they rather buy a bag instead because our bags are durable and they can hold any weight. Visual merchandising people come all the time and re-do the store so it looks good and different every time a customer comes in , we love to help people and we get paid buy doing that". Chanel needs to evaluate their sales associate , they need to see how they are first and then hire them because they are not giving the right attention to their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment